Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trash

  I've actually been having quite a bit of trouble with Japanese trash cans.  They seem to be big on recycling, but every place wants it separated differently.  Some places want aluminum cans and plastic bottles in the same bin, others want them separated.  Some places want you to take any wrappers off the plastic bottle, others don't seem to care.  One place wants newspapers and magazines in separate places.  Some places just have two bins, "combustible" and "non-combustible".  Sometimes the signs are in english, but most of the time its Japanese.  Which leaves me with the following options:

1) pull out a dictionary every time I want to throw something away

2) dig through each trash can to see what kind of trash is in there

3) toss stuff in at random and hope nobody notices

4) always throw everything in the "other" bin, even if it could legitimately be recycled.

5) just hold on to everything until I get back to my apartment

1 comment:

  1. I want to know which option you choose....don't leave us hanging!

    ReplyDelete